Latest release delivers improved performance and intelligent mesh breakup for enhanced parallel execution
PLEASANTON, Calif. - May 15, 2009 - AeroDynamic Solutions, Inc. (ADS) today announced the availability of ADS 1.2, an update to its flagship turbomachinery CFD solution suite.
This latest update features enhanced solver performance and the introduction of a utility to intelligently breakup a 3D mesh for parallel execution.
Enhanced solver performance
Solver performance has been enhanced by an additional 5% through solver code refinements.
Intelligent mesh breakup for enhanced parallel execution
Release 1.2 includes Paramesh, a utility that enables unstructured meshes to be split into pieces for enhanced parallel execution with the ADS flow solver Leo. Paramesh supports mesh breakup in five ways:
- The breakup of unstructured meshes into N pieces along an axis. The axis of breakup is selectable for best performance
- The breakup of an OH mesh into two blocks O and H to be simulated in parallel
- The breakup of an OH mesh into upstream / downstream sections in the meridional direction
- The breakup of a centrifugal compressor with N splitters, into N+1 restart files (N splitter restart files and 1 airfoil restart)
- The broken up pieces can further be broken up to optimize the size of the design.
"We continue to look for ways to help customers speed the heartbeat of innovation," said Bob Ni, Chairman and CTO of ADS. "The combination of enhanced solver performance and intelligent mesh breakup in Release 1.2 empowers users to take greater advantage of parallel execution to drive down turnaround times."
For more information about ADS or to register for a free 30-day evaluation, please visit www.adscfd.com.
ADS delivers aerospace-class CFD for the global turbomachinery industry. Built on the innovations of Ron-Ho Ni and rooted in decades of cutting edge aerospace application, the ADS solution suite enables turbomachinery designers to tackle a wide range of compressor and turbine flow problems with confidence. The company is privately-held and headquartered in Pleasanton, CA. For more information or to download a free 30-day evaluation, please visit www.adscfd.com.